Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pinkalicious!!!!!!! by Victoria and Elizabeth Kann

I have been delaying writing in my blog lately and I am sorry for that! Sometimes those negative thoughts creep back in and tell me no one wants to read about my life, about what I think. I don't travel very often, so a travel blog is out of the question unless you consider going to the grocery store, or the doctor's very exciting; I know I don't. My house hasn't been touched in the design sense for years, unless you consider spilled juice and smashed cookie crumbs Art Noveau. So, I am very truly sorry but that's how I have been feeling lately.

I took the girls to the bookstore today because it is way too hot outside to play. Hayden found two Pinkalicious books she doesn't have yet, so we just had to get them. After getting them home,  I thought this would be something cool to share on my blog. I truly love Victoria Kann's illustration style and how she uses collage into her books.


all illustrations by Victoria Kann

I love how she uses the doily background for her dress, the handwriting for the building's texture, and the sheet music for the leaves. It is the little touches that draw me in.



If you are unfamiliar with the Pinkalicious series and like these images, I would suggest getting a peek at them at a bookstore. Although the two small books we just bought Tickled Pink and the Pink Drink are not as strong in their compositions as the original Pinkalicious, they are very similar in overall look and feel. Victoria Kann, I truly am a huge fan!


 
Sold     Squares and Circles 
I totally forgot to post the finished piece. I have been trying to work on my art this week but so far have been unsuccessful. Tonight looked like a good night for art and then our refrigerator stopped working. I am trying really hard to get going. Hopefully soon!

1 comment:

  1. Pinkalicious looks fabliocious! Nest time I'm at the book store I'll look for it, them. Thanks for pointing out the texture. I might not even have noticed, they work so well.

    ReplyDelete