Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Work



Just started 3 new paintings. I wanted to show the start of these because I love the way it looks with the just the paper before any paint or anything touches the canvas. I always hope it will look this good when I finish the painting.


This is a commissioned large canvas I have been working on for a couple of nights now. Lots of work left on it to tie everything together. Funny, I got involved into a tiny section of the painting trying to incorporate layers of interesting colors together when I stepped back from the painting and was like "Oh my gosh, it's not supposed to look like that!" I forgot to step back often and look at the larger picture. I haven't done a purely nonobjective piece in a long time. Guidelines on the piece were shapes, greens, reds, and oranges.

Unfortunately, I haven't even been able to touch the computer in the last couple of days. I need to find a better balance between production and computer time. But hey, don't we all! I will try to repost this painting when finished and looking more complete with better lighting.
One of my prints sold on Etsy today!Yay! I need to get some more digital prints going.
I hope to have atleast one finished thing when I post Friday! Too many loose ends!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I love the depth in the large piece. Can't wait to see the finished artwork.

    ReplyDelete