Saturday, August 16, 2008

Emerging Artist: The Beginning


Save a Wish for Another Day 30"x40"Acrylic available

Hi Everyone! I am very excited to say this is my first blog and hopefully one of many to come. Lately, I have thought about starting a blog and now I think is the perfect time. You can experience with me my beginnings of an art career and witness how my art will progress over time. I want to thank you all for coming to my blog and viewing my art and thoughts.

Circles 30"x40"Acrylic available


The Kiss Off 30"x40"Acrylic available


Recently after teaching High School Art, I have decided to try to make my art a career. It has taken me a long time to get to this point with much persistence of my family. As many of you know, art is so personal and sharing it with the world can reveal a lot about a person.


Season's Change 30"x40"Acrylic available
Please contact me if you are interested
in any of the paintings available.


Lady of Thought 30"x40"Acrylic available











Lady Ride
36"x48"Acrylic
sold



This is the first of the collection of abstract women I am developing. I don't know if it's because my background is in graphic design, but I love to incorporate the stark graphic quality and fine art together. I like to reveal the women's emotion through the expression of their eyes and the use of color. Boxes of different paint applications show that there are many sides to a person. These paintings are all about 3' x 4' and acrylic. I apologize for the quality of some of these photographs.



Maybe and Maybe Not 30"x40"Acrylic available


















Waiting Patiently 24"x48"Acrylic available

4 comments:

  1. Hey babe, great work we love you very much and you will be a great success.

    ox

    Hayden typed the ox all by herself.

    We love you,
    Sean & Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogspot looks great, Kristy! I appreciate you putting the sweater song in there for me and Autumn to enjoy! =)

    I'll try to get my picture to you soon for you to include in your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sweets,
    We are so proud of you, you are awesome. Keep thinking positive and you will go far. (Can't wait until we get our own pic).
    We love you lots,
    Joann and Kenny, Pops

    ReplyDelete