Sunday, August 31, 2008

Slow Progress

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. So I should say that I have a lot of paintings finished but I can't. We have been waiting and watching the progress of Hurricane Gustav as it makes its way towards us, or not towards us. Watching the weather channel, getting all excited (nervous) in anticipation of the unknown. Will it get stronger? Weaker? Shift East towards us? Leave us alone? Getting some supplies from the grocery store and seeing the same reaction of many. Everyone fighting for that last can of solid white albacore tuna or pack of D batteries as if the world is coming to an end. Who knew that last snack pack was so important? And so we continue to wait. And now I will continue to paint and leave the monotonous hum drum for now. How tiring it can be to sit there and do nothing but wait!

These are the beginnings of two new paintings. I will post new pictures to show the progress in the next post or two.
I have my first exhibition coming up for Mobile's ArtWalk in downtown Mobile, AL September 12th at the Edward Jones Office on Dauphin St. I am very excited and need a good amount of paintings. I guess I will go for now so I can get busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment