Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Duh! Moment... and then another.


This is the flyer I created for my exhibition Friday.

But let me just say I should have done this sooner! You know how you have those DUH!!! moments in life and say "Why did I not think of that sooner!" This was one for me.

My husband had a friend over Friday night and we sat drinking a couple of beers (one thing I haven't done in a long time since entering mommy world). My exhibition is during Mobile's ArtWalk. Sean's friend said he would steer people walking down the street to come see my art. Sean returned with a comment how he was going to create a flyer. Sean, my husband, create a flyer! With Microsoft Word! I was stunned. Why had I not thought of that sooner? And, why was Sean, (100% Finance guy) going to DESIGN a flyer when he knew Graphic Design was my major in college? What a crazy sweetheart! Communication, communication, communication.

So, yesterday, I worked on the flyer for a couple of hours taking new detailed photos of my work and sitting at the computer trying to relearn the simple tools of Photoshop. And WahLah! Here it is.

Last night, we went to dinner with my parents and they took Hayden for the night so I could get more art done and Sean could build a contraption for transporting all of my artwork to the exhibition safely. After dinner, Sean and I went to Starbuck's for a little bit to chill (a place I don't frequent much with a 2 year old.) As I sat drinking my frappuccino, a bulletin board stared me in the face where you can share news and info. DUH again!

Monday, if you happen to be inside a Starbuck's in the Daphne or Mobile area, take a look at my exhibition flyer.

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed at your talent. You are doing such a good job and I know that the exhibit will go well. Just think, I am related to an upcoming new artist. When I introduce myself I will say, "Hi, I am famous artist K. McClay's aunt".(LOL) But sincerely, I am really proud of you. Luv U

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I promise I have not forgotten about you. Next week looks to be back to normal. This week has just been busy with Sean's work and getting my art all together. I will call you soon!

    ReplyDelete