Sunday, September 14, 2008

Great 1st Exhibition


Last night was my first exhibition ever. I just have to say it went so much better than I had in my head. In fact, it went great! I made some good connections for some future exhibitions and there was a steady flow of people most of the night. I had many indepth conversations about my subject matter and the thought process behind my paintings. It's actually funny, because I don't think I have ever talked about my art so much. Sometimes it is hard for me to put ideas into words but I didn't have the trouble that I thought I would. I think I learned a few things about myself last night.

Clint Martin and my husband Sean

I am so happy Sean and I set the paintings up (16 pieces) Wednesday evening because time flew even though we arrived an hour before ArtWalk began. We were there from 5-10pm but it seemed like the night just flew by.

I want to thank Clint and Sandy for adorning my work on their walls and everyone's support in coming out and viewing my art! I heard a lot of positve feedback and reaction to my artwork. "Love the eyes," "The emotion I see in the eyes", "Love the colors used" "Fresh" were some of the comments repeated. All of the comments were wonderful to hear, but "fresh" stuck in my mind. I didn't go out trying to reinvent the wheel but it is amazing to hear somebody say they have never seen anything like it.

Things to think about next time: 1. Take better pictures of the artwork set up. Oooops! No good shots. 2. Get a babysitter for Hayden. We took Hayden with us and she was clingy for the first hour after she woke up from her nap. It was hard to socialize with Hayden having to have Mommy. 3. Sign in book: bought but not brought.

The night ended with a late night dinner at Waffle House with my parents. Hayden loved the dining experience at 11pm. My daughter is a night owl!

Can't wait for next month! My work (new and old) will be at the Artwalk in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment