Thursday, June 24, 2010

Birthday invitation Art

We went shopping at Target the other day in hopes of finding some cute party decor for Hayden's birthday party. I decided I was going to make things easier on myself by purchasing already made invitations instead of making them. It didn't take much coaxing for Hayden either; she made herself happy with a set of the three Disney princesses invitations. After going home, I kept thinking I took the easy way out; I should have made the invitations myself. I am sharing this to show the procrastinater in me. I waited until yesterday, a little over a week and a half before the party to decide I was going to make them. And then... my computer crashes. Even now it seems to be working in slow motion. Something that should have taken 20 minutes ended up taking over 6 hours to create. But I love the end result and I wanted to share it here.

P.S. some of the info. is photoshopped out.


So, now while I wait for more memory to be shipped to me, I am going to take a break from drawing in Illustrator for a little awhile and get the paints out I promised myself the other night. Kids are asleep and it's before 11 p.m.! WOO HOO! Time to break out a bottle of red wine and get some Michael Bubble playing for some fun paint time. Hopefully I haven't forgotten how to paint, it's been a long while. I will post my results soon, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment