Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What Would You do with 1-2 more hours?



I catch myself saying all of the time, "there are not enough hours in a day." I am sure I am not alone on this. Think about it for a minute. How many times do you think or say the same thing? My answer would be atleast 10. But you know, the funny thing is that we all have the same 24 hours in a day. I bet Martha Stewart doesn't chill on the couch and watch the 3-5 shows of hers that come on television throughout the day or that Oprah feels bad at the end of the day because it was unproductive. Granted, these are the extreme cases where they each have personal chefs, maids, landscapers, multiple assistants, etc. but these two women with their ENORMOUS empires had to start somewhere, right?

Somedays I feel productive just getting a shower and changed out of bed clothes in between taking care of the kids, cooking, cleaning, yard work, running errands, and whatever else seems to jump into my lap. It's hard to be creative, let alone get to do art. Well, I am making a change for myself and I started about a week ago today, no more television for a month. I want to see what I can do with 1-2 more hours a day. Tomorrow, the paints come out from hibernation!


Funny, I went into the e-course I've been taking after creating this post, and tonight's post was on time management.

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Kristina, you have such a lovely space here and i love the colors! That is such a lovely photo of you and your little ones! You are not along here with " "there are not enough hours in a day.". I am also struggling when it comes to time management. I am so glad that Kelly touched on this topic and it helped alot! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina! Welcome to the Flying Lessons group. I am just stopping by your bog to say hi. Lots of support from Kelly's class and the FB group helping all of us to be--brave girls! Love the name of your blog and your children's halter dresses are just too ADORABLE! Love & blessings, xoxo Valerie

    ReplyDelete