Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First Birthday, First Painting

This seems like a great post for firsts. It is my little baby's first birthday. To know I will not experience this again, I took photo after photo so I could capture it all on camera. It's funny when you go through all of the photos, you can slowly see the destruction of the cake like you're viewing it through a flip book. I won't share all of the photo; just the first and last.

Also, I have started painting again after a couple years. Very shaky and not confident. I have found I am finding everything else to do but paint; dishes, laundry, errands. Anything to not make me sit down and paint. Something I used to love to do has me nervous feeling like a beginner again. I just have to get over myself and paint. This is the beginning with my designed patterns.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to the baby! :) I love these photos with a messy cake. :) Congrats on starting painting again. You said it right. You just need to get over yourself and paint. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all of the lovely comments! Hopefully many paintings to come soon.

    ReplyDelete