Thursday, June 10, 2010

Introduction

I wrote a new post the other night, but after much rambling, I think I forgot the most important thing to introduce myself and talk about my new venture. My Mom and I have justed started an online Children's Boutique called Bubbles Under the Moon. Well, we actually started it awhile back, but after a difficult pregnancy, I took more time away than intended and now we are basically starting over from the beginning. My Mom has always sewed ever since I was a young girl for my sisters, brother and I. We always matched or coordinated with each other. Cute, adorable, yes but not when you are a stubborn, independent kid wanting to dress her own way! With over 30 years of sewing experience, she brings boutique, one of a kind, designer clothing for young children.

I get my creativity from my mother, but have barely turned on the sewing machine I wanted for my birthday one year. I don't think I can even do a straight stitch. I love art and I love to draw. As a kindergartener, the teacher had a conference with my parents because I colored EVERYTHING black. I loved the graphic quality of the black against the smooth white paper. But how can/do you explain that as a young child? I couldn't. Later, I got a degree in Graphic Design from Auburn University. From there, I worked at a newspaper and later was a High School Art teacher until my first daughter was born. Since then I have stayed home with two amazing little girls but I desperately want to fill my life with art again. The art I am doing now focuses on Children's Art and I am also currently working with creating patterns in the aspiration of designing textiles. I think it would be a dream to see my daughters wear something their grandmother made with the fabric designed by their mother.


Sorry, no pics tonight. It is an early morning tomorrow and I am not a morning person at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment