Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Inspiration


Where to begin? This is my first post in about 2 years. For the last week, I have worked on creating the background pattern of my blog, redesigning my banner, trying to figure out all of the html code, and sitting here every night thinking of how to start this post. Nothing comes to me. I am lost. I stare once again at a blank screen and a blinking cursor. I go to bed defeated.

This is a very important post to me, a fresh start, a new beginning. May be I am making this too important. Who knows if anyone will read it? This blog is to be about my journey as an artist. So, I begin to think how my art has evolved since my last post. What's different? Well, now I have two girly girls. Two girls to dress up, to care for, to listen to. I try to be a good influence on my daughters and yet somewhere along the way they have been great influences on me.

I guess it began when I was trying to find art for their bedroom. It is hard to find unique cute children's art without the price tag of certain big box stores, like those that begin with a P and end with a Barn. I wanted something fresh, engaging, visually textural. Mix this together with two girly girls who love pink, princesses, dress up, tea parties, and VOILA!!!! This is where we end up. Please take a look at some of my prints in my Etsy mini. Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment