Thursday, July 1, 2010

Baby Steps

I keep telling myself baby steps. Baby steps. Let things happen slowly in their own time but MAKE them happen. As my husband always says, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results.

Tonight as I'm writing, I just have to tell you
3 loads of clothes are piled on the couch,
the kids' toys are found here and there (and oh yeah, everywhere),
atleast one bomb has gone off in every room (Moxie likes to take all books out of the bookcases),
I haven' t gone to bed before 2am this whole week,
and yet it has been a fairly good week.

I have just finished my first painting in 2 years tonight and will be posting it tomorrow. It is always exciting to see the image in my head come to life. As for the insanity, I know if I quit my dream again, to have a clean house would be nice but not justifiable in the end. Down the road, I would much rather show my girls how I chased my dreams. And besides, the house work will still be here tomorrow.

My Princess and the Pea print was featured this past weekend on an art blog by DycheDesigns http://dychedesigns.blogspot.com/2010/06/living-fairytale-princess-pea.html  I was very surprised to see this because I haven't been very active on Etsy in awhile.

Baby steps.
Baby steps.

3 comments:

  1. You are on the right path. Baby steps is all you need. You'll fall into it soon enough. :)Can't wait to see your new painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement! They mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I meant to say your digital work ROCKS too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete